© 2012 Elmlid Fischbachau1

Strike of the starters

I am travelling since a week now. Already left Germany and last night I arrived in Baden, just outside of Zürich. The days to come I will spend in Zürich and Lenzerheide. Maybe with a stop in Engelberg.

I know I promised you Bread Exchange around the country. So far I have not given you one single loaf since I left Berlin.

Answer: It is shit cold. Everywhere. Europe is freezing and I am driving through the mountains in Switzerland. Sometimes I take of my gloves and feed Mr Sourdough with water and flour.

The other night I had forgotten him in the car and had to leave my warm fluffy Swiss hotel bed to get in to the Betong built parking garage as I was worried that he would freeze to death. These are the moments that I ask myself: “What the f am I doing?”.

But life is not always Champagne. This was last August.

So, sorry guys, no Bread Exchange right now. Maybe, hopefully, in München the upcoming weeks. I will be practically living at Cortiina Hotel and I can’t blame them to offer the Bread Exchange team an uncomfortable atmosphere.

Picture from the other night in Wiesbaden. Got out of the hotel to try the Kurhaus restaurant. And had a stop and the hot springs in the middle of the city.

Wiesbaden

7 Comments

1. Posted February 12, 2012 at 13:01 | #

Yes, what the f* are you doing to yourself? Too funny.

2. Marlene
    Posted February 12, 2012 at 14:05 | #

Oh dear, I hope at least you stay warm.

3. Posted February 13, 2012 at 01:02 | #

You bought the Nigel jacket in green AND red? (I keep track…) On a serious note, how is it? Is it too warm? I live in England and need something warm for when it’s cold here, like now, but it usually is not so cold…

4. Posted February 13, 2012 at 08:44 | #

Well, the green was too big (48). I swapped it with the red (44). A serious thing, indeed, I agree.
    I can highly recommend it. It is very warm and at the same time the lightest jacked I have. Like a feather. And it is very practical.
    It is a cotton surface (which I just love!) but one could think that has disadvantages. However, A friend of mine drove his motorcycle wearing it and the wind didn’t touch him at all!
    Saying that “It is worth the price” would be a comment suited a french queen but I can really say that I am happy to be have it :)

5. Posted February 13, 2012 at 18:42 | #

I think I could have used something like that this Saturday in London (it was -7C). Red looks great on you. It’s also a nice kind of red leaning orange which I like even more. Do you think they have even smaller sizes than 44? (I am tiny… usually wear 42 or small size) Stay warm!

6. Posted February 14, 2012 at 01:18 | #

Well, now that I have looked up the price, I understand why you mentioned the queen… ;-) Holy cow! I did not realize they’d be so expensive, and probably don’t go on sale either since they are a cult piece now.

7. Posted February 14, 2012 at 10:02 | #

:) Yes. They do 42′s as well though. Next season they have nice washed out colors like yellow, olive and a light orange. And Navy, One can always do a navy.. But I agree, the orange is amazing and slowly become a classic.